The journey started from a dear friend’s experience of immigrating to the USA. He wanted to settle down there along with his family. He had a harrowing time finding out where to invest, with whom and how to remit the money. All this was a difficult proposition as a big amount was to be remitted to the US and he was not sure whether the money will reach the right hands and whether the same will be returned after completion of the project. Having gone through the entire hassle, once everything was settled for him, we decided to start something for people who really want to migrate to the USA, in order to live a better quality of life. The whole idea to start this enterprise is to support and guide people who want to settle in the US through a hassle free process which includes identifying the right regional center, the perfect attorney and also to guide the client during the entire process till the Green card/ US citizenship is obtained.
What do we do?
We offer consultancy to obtain EB-5 Visa through the investment route for Indians and people who wish to migrate to the U.S. – that is obtaining Permanent residency to live, study and work anywhere in the United States of America.
Generally, it is seen that Indians prefer to migrate to a foreign nation for several of reasons – better standard of living , better job opportunities, improved quality of lifestyle, and remarkable educational facilities. The EB-5 program is for migration to the USA wherein a Green Card is offered based on investment conditions and many other parameters taken into consideration.
By rule, one has to invest roughly US$500,000 through Regional Centers, in order for a person to obtain permanent US citizenship through the EB-5 visa route.
Additionally, this visa is not subject to any residential restrictions. That means, the investor can move around the country easily and is also free to take up a job, reside, and even retire in any part of the country whenever they wish to. There are many other benefits attached to EB-5 visa that are also extended to the investor, spouse and dependent unmarried children up to the age of 21 years.
What exactly is the immigration visa in the USA?
An immigrant visa (IV) is issued to a person who is wishing to stay permanently in the U.S. A non-immigrant visa (NIV) is issued to a person who has permanent residence outside the United States, but still wishes to be in the U.S. on a temporary basis for reasons like - medical treatment, tourism, business, temporary work or study etc.
What is the EB 5 visa program?
The EB-5 visa is an employment-based fifth preference category or EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program, which was created in 1990 by the US Congress, to provide a method for eligible Immigrant Investors to become lawful permanent residents – commonly known as Green Card holders.
This is done by investing at least $1,000,000 to finance a business in the United States that will eventually be giving or creating an opportunity to employ 10 or more permanent US jobs. The said amount is reduced to $500,000 on the condition that the new commercial business is situated in an area with high unemployment which is also known as a targeted employment area (TEA).
There are two methods to go about investing in the EB-5 program – direct and indirect. If an EB-5 investment is made in a Regional Center, then the jobs can be created INDIRECTLY through economic activity, as opposed to a DIRECT investment, where the investment vehicle must directly employ 10 U.S. workers and the investor has to himself locate such a business and choose to invest in it.
The EB-5 program is envisioned to encourage both foreign investments and economic growth. Moreover, the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Visa Program is one of five employment-based (EB) preference programs in the United States.
Once the money is invested, the Investor, his/her spouse, and their unmarried children under the age of 21 are granted permanent residency i.e. the green card.
Some of the benefits of the EB-5 program
- It offers freedom to the Investor and his/her family to stay, work, and retire anywhere in the United States of America.
- Investor and his family may travel to and from the United States without a visa.
- It is a route to obtain U.S. citizenship for the Investor and his/her immediate family after five years.
- Investor and his/her spouse and children may attend college or university at U.S. resident costs.
- It gives the ability to the Investor to sponsor green cards for other family members.
- The investor receives all benefits of U.S. permanent residency status, including the ability to develop and run his/her own business.
- Enjoy greater international mobility through the Visa free travel privileges available to US green card holders.
- Explore job opportunities without worrying about issues like work permit, sponsorship, delays, expiry of visa or restrictions on Job mobility.
- Economic stability.
- Make use of the state of the art healthcare system of the United States.
- U.S legal resident tuition fees available for public universities.